Two Shot Molding – Multi Shot Mold Design
Two-shot molding process enables injection of two different materials in the mold in two steps. The output is a product having properties of both the components. It is widely used to manufacture two-colored or two-layered products having different strengths and appearances.
First, the harder of the two substances is injected into the mold cavity, and then the softer one superimposes on it. Similar steps are followed for producing multi-colored molds.
As per the technique, first the hard material is injected into the mold cavity, followed instantly by the second injection, often of a TPE (thermoplastic-elastomer). So it becomes a two-step injection-molding process, performed during a single-press cycle.
Our Double Injection mold design service
- Integrated seals
- Acoustic-damping elements
- Non-slip surfaces
- Impact surfaces
- Vibration-absorbing surfaces
- Material handling
- Audio systems
- Electrical connectors
- Paper transport rollers
- Seals and gaskets
- Soft grips on power tools
- Multi-color Parts
- Toys with movable parts
- Flexible hinges
- A/C or Heater Louvers
- Soft grip Handle Inserts
- Parts with seals molded into plastic
- Directly molding soft elements onto hard plastic substrates consolidates two or more components, thus eliminating additional assembly costs. It increases design flexibility, making difficult-to-assemble parts, such as complex gaskets for hard-to-reach places, in a single step.
- Two-shot molding is also beneficial in packaging applications where a secondary color is desired to give products a unique appearance.
Contact us to get more information about our two shot molding services!